Important Information: A&K's Privacy Notice
A & K Earth Movers, Inc.
has been in business since 1957 as a General Engineering Contractor. Kenneth P. Hiatt (Kelly) is the founder and was one of the original partners of A & K Earth Movers, Inc. The original scope of work of A & K was land leveling and agricultural contracting.
In 1965, Kelly bought out his partner and incorporated. Operations were expanded to include governmental and public works, as well as commercial and residential subdivision sitework, underground utilities, and paving. In 1984, A & K further expanded into aggregate production, and then in 1991, A & K purchased its first Asphalt Hot Plant, adding asphalt production and sales to services provided.
Kelly’s three sons, Mike, K. Bart, and Scott Hiatt have been integral part of the company from childhood. They were voted in as Vice Presidents of the Corporation in 1987, being involved in the day-to-day operations of the company. Kelly retired in 2006 with K. Bart Hiatt being voted in as President. K. Bart Hiatt currently serves as President and General Manager, Mike Hiatt serves as Vice President and Field Operations Manager, and Scott Hiatt serves as Vice President and Estimating Department Manager.
A & K specializes in general engineering projects which include sitework preparation, excavation, underground utilities, pump stations, structural concrete, gravel base and paving; mining leach pads, geothermal sitework and gravel and sand production, as well as asphalt production and sales.
October 2010 - A & K Featured in Cashman Equipment Article! (click here to read)
Incorporated in Nevada in 1965, our Corporate Officers are:
K. Bart Hiatt: President & General Manager
– Mr. Hiatt has been in the construction industry since 1973 and has spent his entire career with A&K Earth Movers. He provides leadership to position the company at the forefront of the industry and develops a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability and growth as an organization.
Michael A. Hiatt: Vice President & Field Operations Manager
– Mr. Hiatt has been in the construction industry since 1972 and has spent his entire career with A&K Earth Movers. He is responsible for managing daily operations and planning the use of equipment and human resources. He oversees company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
Scott R. Hiatt: Vice President/Engineering
– Mr. Hiatt has been in the construction industry since 1977 and has spent his entire career with A&K Earth Movers. He manages the operational and fiscal activities of the engineering department including planning and development of systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department.
Sharon Ream: Treasurer & Chief Financial Officer
– Ms. Ream has been in the construction industry since 1970 and has been with A&K Earth Movers since 1983. She served as Controller/Secretary Treasurer from 1983 to 1997 and returned to A&K in 2004 as Chief Financial Officer. She is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations and provides leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company.
Kevin Atkins: Secretary & Engineering Department Manager
-Mr. Atkins has been involved in the construction industry since 1973, and has worked throughout California and Nevada. He manages the engineering department which he oversees all estimates and project management of A&K projects. He also is responsible for the training and development of Estimators and Project managers and establishing policy and processes for the department.
Lyle Kibbe: Director & Equipment Manager
– Mr. Kibbe has been in the construction industry since 1979 and has been with A&K Earth Movers since 2009. He is responsible for all of A&K's shops and service facilities. He is responsible for the maintenance and repairs of A&K's Equipment fleets. He analyzes and establishes procedures for future development and replacement of the equipment fleet.
A & K’s Engineering Department is located at 12251 Truckee Canyon Ct. in
Email our Engineering Department:
Scott Hiatt – Vice President
Kevin Atkins – Engineering Department Manager
A & K’s Operations Department is responsible for completing our projects on-time and in a safe manner.
Mike Hiatt – Vice President – Field Operations Manager
A & K’s Transportation Department is responsible for mobilizing our equipment
and moving our job materials.
Bob Parmenter – Dispatcher
Ed Hill – Trucking Supervisor
A & K’s Maintenance Department is responsible for keeping our fleet of over 500
pieces of heavy equipment and trucks up and running. We have maintenance
facilities at our Sparks location and also at our corporate headquarters in Fallon.
We also have mobile service trucks that allow us to maintain our equipment
on the jobsite.
Email our Maintenance Department:
Lyle Kibbe – Equipment Manager
A & K’s Materials Department has several sand & gravel pits, as well as 3 asphalt plants located in northern Nevada.
Email our Materials Department:
Reed Tolotti- Materials Manager
A & K’s Administration Department is based at the corporate headquarters
located at 515 Windmill Dr. Fallon, Nevada.
Misty Thibodaux – Office Manager