Quality Control Technician
- Responsible for everyday aggregate and asphalt testing from multiple operations at the point of origin.
- Testing procedures for rock and asphalt (where applicable) include, but are not limited to; sieve analysis, liquid limit, plasticity index, specific gravity, absorption, density, compaction, moisture content, oil content, etc.
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
QC tech will also be responsible for working with Aggregate Manager and job Superintendents to make sure material is being sampled at point of use correctly and on time. QC tech will be responsible for reporting all test results to Aggregate Manager and all other appropriate parties correct and in a timely manner. QC tech will also be in charge of making sure all lab equipment is calibrated and serviced on time, as well as organization and cleanliness of the lab. Any other duties as assigned.
- Inspection and testing of asphalt gradation and aggregate gradation
- Respond to customer complaints and customer needs as directed
- Respond to internal customer complaints and as directed test material being placed and insure materials meet specifications as needed
- Address quality issues of materials with Aggregate Manager
- Perform daily testing of all production materials as directed
- Prepare monthly QC reports for all production materials
- Prepare weekly QC reports as needed
- Attend weekly meetings with Aggregate Manager
- Attend monthly production meetings
- Build progressive testing gradation charts and develop a file base
- Inspect and test all asphalt production materials
- Test all cold feed materials prior to an asphalt production run
- Complete all required NDOT aggregate testing on all state projects
- Help develop mix designs and perform oil content and compaction testing as needed
- Generate new customer sales with new products and track benefits
- Generate quotes and bids as needed
- Work with the engineering group to help with large NDOT/City/County projects
- Attend Monday morning aggregate meetings to identify issues and develop testing schedules as needed to complete jobs successfully
- Perform other duties of the same or lower level of difficulty as assigned.
- May be assigned occasional duties of a higher level of difficulty than those listed above.
- The duties of this classification may overlap duties performed by employees in other classifications.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the materials testing industry
- Be familiar with the testing procedures listed below
- Be able to use Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, etc.
- NAQTC certification in Density Embankment and Base, Aggregate, and Asphalt is a plus
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must successfully pass pre-employment and random Drug and Alcohol Tests
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance, 401K Employer Match and Vacation Pay.
Competitive Compensation based on experience.