Aggregate Plant Manager
Objective and Responsibilities:
- Manage the operations associated with aggregate production including quarrying, mining, processing, asphalt, crushing, stockpiling, loading and shipping
- Responsible for fixed and mobile equipment maintenance, employee and community relations and the safety, health and environmental aspects of the facility
- Supervise the facilities salaried and hourly workforce, and daily activities of the asphalt and crushing plant operations
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible from production end to finishing end of materials.
- Meet or exceed all safety, health & environmental expectations established.
- Directs and oversees the maintenance, service and repair operations of all plant equipment.
- Plans, coordinates and directs activities concerned with production, operation (maintenance), as well as the design, construction and modification of these same production related equipment and machinery.
- Establishes realistic personal goals as well as plant goals to achieve optimal productivity.
- Attends to production needs as the business dictates to include changes, appropriate feed changes, and rate changes all within a strict QA/QC program.
- Directs and occasionally participates in the operation, inspection, maintenance and repair of production equipment, plant buildings, and any moving or rolling equipment assigned to the plant.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory, supplies and repair parts for the operations.
- Perform Disciplinary action as required.
- Establishes maintenance and repair schedules while achieving production goals within budget costs.
- Must effectively prepare cost analysis.
- Occasionally assists with repairs of other operations within pits, which may include crushing and screening equipment, marinating equipment and rolling stock as well as other equipment, as needed.
- Ensure MSHA Safety and Environmental Regulation Compliance.
- 5 years’ experience as Aggregate Superintendent or Manager
- 7-10 years’ experience in the sand and gravel/aggregate industry
- OSHA 30
- MSHA Certified
- Experience with state environmental protection permitting processes
- Knowledge of material testing and specifications
- Project estimating and management
- Must adequately understand the Safety and environmental issues as related to plant operations.
- Safety compliance
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Must have a clean driving record and current driver's license
- Must successfully pass pre-employment and random Drug and Alcohol Tests
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including Health, Vision, Dental, 401K Employer Match, Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Competitive Compensation based on experience.