Objective and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of manual labor tasks incidental to trade and craft work requiring application of knowledge and experience gained on similar assignments.
- Follow Material Safety Data Sheet guidelines for handling, storage, and disposal of Hazardous Materials, as required.
- Work under general supervision from verbal and written instructions and intermittent directions.
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Assist other skilled trades or craftsmen. Hold, move, rearrange, lift, carry, and stack items and objects weighing up to approximately 65 lbs.
- May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces and forms to support the formation of curbs and gutters. May assist in the operation of curb and gutter machine as to setup, pouring, finishing, cleanup and sealing of concrete. Mixes materials. May use carpentry skills to build structural form work for pouring of concrete in place.
- Assist with tying of steel for reinforced concrete. May assist in handling concrete forms in cleaning and stripping and storage.
- Perform tasks involving physical labor at highway, and heavy construction projects.
- May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, pick and shovel, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- At all times, the concrete finisher will work cautiously to promote a safe environment for everyone at or around the job site.
- Remains alert for hazards involved on the job site and observe OSHA safety, MSHA and operating rules and regulations.
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must successfully pass pre-employment and random Drug and Alcohol Tests
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance, 401K Employer Match and Vacation Pay.
Competitive Compensation based on experience.
A & K Earth Movers is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. A & K will review all qualified applications without regard to religion, color, race, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any or characteristic protected by law. A & K encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply.