Objective and Responsibilities:
- The Operator is mainly responsible for the operation of the Excavator/Backhoe, and for loading trucks while excavating areas.
- This position reports to the job foreman.
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Must be familiar with the operation and maintenance of an excavator and backhoe.
- Must have a working knowledge of OSHA sloping requirements and OSHA soil typing. Must be able to dig a slope with the assistance of a grade checker.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to take orders and follow directions.
- Must be physically able to lift up to 100lbs and perform considerable stooping, kneeling, and digging.
- Must have a full range of body movements including use of hands and legs.
- Minor maintenance and care of equipment.
- Responsible for the safe operation of digging in all conditions.
- Excavate around existing utilities, above and below the ground, in a safe manner.
- Properly checks out, lubricates, and fuels any equipment that is asked to use.
- Loads trucks in a timely manner.
- Able to dig slopes when needed.
- Set up and put away job equipment.
- Assist in the cleaning of tools, equipment, and work areas.
- Report any unsafe conditions, accident or injury to crew leader.
- Performs any other duties from time to time as may be assigned by the crew leader.
- Will be required to help labor when equipment is not being used.
- This position requires extensive physical activities working outdoors in all types of weather conditions at residential and commercial construction sites.
- At times, employees may have to work in constrained areas.
- Employees may be required to drive company vehicles to project sites.
- Job requires working with and around heavy duty site excavation and development equipment.
- Start time may vary due to the needs of the company.
- Three or more year’s on-the-job experience on an excavator/backhoe digging underground water/ sewer installation and in various situations and loading trucks.
- Must have a clean driving record and the ability to be insured to operate company vehicles.
- Ability to communicate with customers and fellow employees.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment Drug & Alcohol test.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance, 401K Employer Match and Vacation Pay.
Competitive Compensation based on experience.
A & K Earth Movers is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. A & K will review all qualified applications without regard to religion, color, race, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any or characteristic protected by law. A & K encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply.