Objective and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for initiating and coordinating the clerical functions required in effective implementation of engineering bid proposals.
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Generate and update daily Engineering Bid Log for all up-coming projects
- Generate and post pre-bid notifications to all engineers
- Order and complete all bid packages, including subsequent addendums as well as preparing and maintaining a bid file folder
- Create bid binders for upcoming bids
- Report any changes from the plans to the Project Managers immediately
- Create wage comparison sheets for bids if applicable
- Data entry of bid documents with the assistance of the estimators
- Review bid proposal requirements and fill out bid proposals
- Secure bid bonds from insurance agency
- Submit electronic bids to NDOT and other agencies
- Process apprentice request forms and tracking
- Work with the Project Managers once project is awarded with the submittal process
- Create field binders for projects once awarded
- Update prevailing wage spreadsheets per updates from the Labor Commission
- Enter all quotes into the Purchase Order system once job is awarded
- Review and process all invoices for quoted items for pricing discrepancies throughout the project
- Maintain office supply inventory for the Mustang office
- Track permits and renewals for awarded projects
- Assist contract management with project close-out process including but not limited to resume updates, final insurance certificates, submittal close-outs, etc.
- Arrange, participate in, and implement conference meetings, as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The duties of this classification may overlap duties performed by employees in other classifications
- Must have a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of clerical experience, two of which must have included organization, coordination and performance of duties at a responsible level
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Administrative ability
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance, 401K Employer Match, Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Competitive Compensation based on experience.
This position is located at our office in Sparks, NV