Objective and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for initiating and coordinating the clerical functions required in effective implementation of engineering bid proposals.
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Generate and update daily Engineering Bid Log for all up-coming projects
- Generate and post pre-bid notifications to all engineers
- Order and complete all bid packages, including subsequent addendums as well as preparing and maintaining a bid file folder
- Create bid binders for upcoming bids
- Report any changes from the plans to the Project Managers immediately
- Create wage comparison sheets for bids if applicable
- Data entry of bid documents with the assistance of the estimators
- Review bid proposal requirements and fill out bid proposals
- Secure bid bonds from insurance agency
- Submit electronic bids to NDOT and other agencies
- Process apprentice request forms and tracking
- Work with the Project Managers once project is awarded with the submittal process
- Create field binders for projects once awarded
- Update prevailing wage spreadsheets per updates from the Labor Commission
- Enter all quotes into the Purchase Order system once job is awarded
- Review and process all invoices for quoted items for pricing discrepancies throughout the project
- Maintain office supply inventory for the Mustang office
- Track permits and renewals for awarded projects
- Assist contract management with project close-out process including but not limited to resume updates, final insurance certificates, submittal close-outs, etc.
- Arrange, participate in, and implement conference meetings, as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The duties of this classification may overlap duties performed by employees in other classifications
- Must have a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of clerical experience, two of which must have included organization, coordination and performance of duties at a responsible level
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Administrative ability
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance, 401K Employer Match, Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Competitive Compensation based on experience.
A & K Earth Movers is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. A & K will review all qualified applications without regard to religion, color, race, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any or characteristic protected by law. A & K encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply.
This position is located at our office in Sparks, NV