Objective and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of manual labor tasks incidental to trade and craft work requiring application of knowledge and experience gained on similar assignments.
- Follow Material Safety Data Sheet guidelines for handling, storage, and disposal of Hazardous Materials, as required.
- Work under general supervision from verbal and written instructions and intermittent directions.
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Assist skilled trades or craftsmen. Hold, move, rearrange, lift, carry, and stack items and objects weighing up to approximately 65 lbs.
- May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble and debris. Fill and level holes in damaged roadways. Mixes materials and level patch surfaces with whacker/tamper. May assist other craft workers.
- Perform tasks involving physical labor at highway, and heavy construction projects and tunnel and shaft excavations.
- May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, pick and shovel, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- May be required to occasionally assist in setting forms, mixing and pouring concrete. To include handling, cleaning and stripping.
- At all times, the laborer will work cautiously to promote a safe environment for everyone at or around the job site.
- Remain alert for hazards involved on the job site and observe OSHA safety, MSHA and operating rules and regulations.
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must successfully pass pre-employment and random Drug and Alcohol Tests
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including Health, Vision, Dental, 401K Employer Match, Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Competitive Compensation based on experience.