Objective and Responsibilities:
- Perform unskilled machine maintenance work
- Assist mechanic in performing manual work such as moving equipment, tools, and materials
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Perform manual tasks such as assisting mechanics in carrying machine parts, tools, and materials to and from the job, lift and hold parts, clean up work areas, etc.
- Help machinist or other tradesperson with dismantling, overhauling, and assembling of equipment and machinery.
- Under direction of the tradesperson; cuts, grinds, and files parts of metal stock. Operates metal handsaw. Uses pedestal or drill press for rough work.
- Clean and wash equipment and machinery. Scrape paint, grease, and accumulated material from equipment.
- Perform routine oiling and greasing of maintenance shop equipment.
- Sharpen and reshape drills, chisels, scrapers and redresses rough grinding wheels.
- May be assigned cleaning and sweep-up duties in maintenance shop.
- Assist mechanic in truck garage on heavy jobs.
- Minimum of 6 months basic knowledge in maintenance preferred
- Must be familiar with the OSHA requirements in proper lifting techniques
- Ability to lift 70 lbs
- Must have own tools
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools
- Must have a clean driving record and the ability to be insured to operate company vehicles
- Ability to communicate with customers and fellow employees
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment Drug & Alcohol test
- Must be able to pass background check to be able to access DOD installations, facilities and buildings
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including Health, Vision, Dental, 401K Employer Match, Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Competitive Compensation based on experience.