Objective and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of manual labor tasks incidental to trade and craft work requiring application of knowledge and experience gained on similar assignments.
- Follow Material Safety Data Sheet guidelines for handling, storage, and disposal of Hazardous Materials, as required.
- Work under general supervision from verbal and written instructions and intermittent directions.
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Assist construction/paving crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking, safely backing/dumping trucks into paver. Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and materials.
- Perform manual labor tasks involving physical labor at highway, and heavy construction projects.
- May operate hand and power tools of all types: jack hammers, cement mixers, pick and shovel and a variety of other equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned with other crews.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- At all times, will work cautiously to promote a safe environment for everyone at or around the job site. Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Remains alert for hazards involved on the job site and observe OSHA safety, MSHA and operating rules and regulations.
- Must have a clean driving record and the ability to be insured to operate company vehicles
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment Drug & Alcohol test
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance, 401K Employer Match and Vacation Pay.
Competitive Compensation based on experience.
A & K Earth Movers is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. A & K will review all qualified applications without regard to religion, color, race, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any or characteristic protected by law. A & K encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply.