Objective and Responsibilities:
Work closely with Safety Manager to learn all elements of a Safety Managers’ job in enforcement, consultation and education
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Educate the construction workers about construction safety measures.
- Visit the construction sites regularly to ensure that the development is in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Evaluates hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control practices and programs.
- In cases of injuries on the sites, they make sure that the sufferers get first aid and/or medical care, and then examine the reasons behind the accident.
- Conduct training sessions for the workers and inform them about the latest techniques of safety and security.
- Consults with construction supervisors, project managers and upper management about construction safety concerns.
- Plans and directs safety services of insurance carriers to obtain optimum service.
- Works with trade and professional organizations to promote goals and objectives in the health and safety area that affect company's business.
- Assesses new developments in the health and safety field that may have application to the company's operations.
- Keeps apprised of developments in federal and state safety laws likely to affect the company.
- Minimum of 6 months basic knowledge in professional safety experience in construction/mining industry, safety engineering, or related field preferred.
- Must be familiar with the OSHA and MSHA regulations.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Strong computer, internet and keyboard skills are a must.
- Candidates must have a strong interest to learn about occupational health and safety, including legislation, safety management systems (SMS), internal responsibility systems (IRS).
- Must have a valid state driver’s license with clean driving record and the ability to be insured to operate company vehicles.
- Ability to communicate with customers and fellow employees.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment Drug & Alcohol test.
- Must be able to pass background check to be able to access DOD installations, facilities and buildings.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including Health, Vision, Dental, 401K Employer Match, Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Competitive Compensation based on experience.